Be a CONTACTfile tester
Software in exchange for work
Testers have CONTACTfile Pro for free in return for taking the beta version in advance of release to Jo Public. We don’t particularly ask you to do anything except use it, and then let us know if anything isn’t working as it should. Testers need to be fairly IT confident, but don’t need to be the techie sort. If this option interests you, then read on!
- Have a look to see if the beta version has a bigger number than the normally-downloaded version. That is to say, compare 5 and 6 on with 1 and 2 on the upgrades page.
- if the beta number is more advanced than the normal version, install normal trial version by clicking here, and register your interest.
- We will inform you whether there are any current vacancies. If there are, immediately upgrade to the beta version, and email us to inform us that you have done so.
- For up to 15 days, see what it's like to be a tester! This means that you will use the program as you would want to anyway, and letting us know if anything doesn't happen as it should. Also, try to keep us included with any thoughts and ideas with regard to making the program better.
- If, during that time, you feel you would like to continue by having invitations to upgrade from time to time, then request a passcode.
- With testers, no money exchanges hands at all, now or in the future.
- You can stop doing it at any time. All we ask is that you use the program all the while you’re getting upgrades, and give any new features a try.
- We expect you to keep in touch.
- If you don’t take an upgrade before release, then we’ll consider your period as a tester effectively at an end. In this case, you can take the latest (released) version, and/or continue to use what you have.
- The cost to you is time; new versions invariably come without instructions, and so there’s a lot of guessing as you try out new features! However, we are always here to help if you need it.
- If you are interested in add-on modules, you will be asked to pay half the normal price. Add-on modules are updated less often, but would be tested alongside the Pro version.
Contact us for more details.